Monday, July 28, 2008

Newbie

Hey! So I am new to this group as a contributor. I have been a lurker for some time and finally asked Debbie to ADD ME. :)
So where I am at now is that I would LOVE to loose about 15 lbs soon. I have hit a fierce plateau after working off some excess baby weight after having kids. My youngest will be 2 in November.
Real quick here are some things that have helped me in the past:
Sweat - you have to sweat to get the fat off. The ugly kind where your face is red, your breathing hard and you sweat. I hate working out sometimes because I would rather curl up in bed with a great book after the kids go to sleep, but I know I will feel better overall if I get out and do it.
Water- can't drink enough. If I think about putting food to my lips, I drink a glass of water first then wait to see if I am still hungry.
Mindless eating - I know I eat when I am bored or stressed. I have to be aware of that an act according.
Baked goods and cheese are my fiercest nemesis.
Food journal - if you keep one, you'll not want to write down what you are putting in your mouth because you don't want to see it in the journal. For me that would be ( finishing my kids half bowl of Mac & Cheese, a handful of chips, etc. I am a mom, not a garbage disposal.)
Portion Control -I struggle with this and so sometimes I have to put my dinner plate in the sink and walk away, otherwise I will load it up again while watching my family continue to eat.

Goal this month - lose 5lbs before July is over.
Reward- Cute new sandals!!!

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Welcome! "Im a mom not a garbage disposal". LOL So true for me too. Thanks for the advice i will put it to use.

Deb Williams said...

Me too! I have to do that reward thing...I was thinking about an outfit a size smaller...I get the reward when i get there...

Holly said...

I have to write things down! And I just started doing it again - got my WW tracker by my side 24/7 (as of yesterday).

I also am trying to drink lots of water. I find that I drink more when I put a little (not the whole amount) of some crystal light power in it. Diet Peach Iced Tea is my current favorite.

I'm so excited that we've found this blog - I'm on board with you!

skinnyonholly.wordpress.com

my--four--sons said...

I think I might set up a reward system of some kind. Maybe that will motivate me.