Monday, August 4, 2008

My excuses, Caution: They're lame

Why I did not loose 5 lbs before the end of July, which means no new cute sandals. Ugh
Excuse #1 I'm stressed out. So this means mindless eating is occurring. Especially since I just discovered Pirate Booty. I could not put that bag down this weekend.
Excuse #2 Went to a wedding this weekend. HAD to have wedding cake. And they served fudge and egg rolls, and Caesar salad. Come on people! It was a sad and quick defeat.
Excuse #3 I love to read. And I have been devouring some good reads this month. But its a very passive activity. Maybe I should only get to read on a treadmill or elliptical?
Excuse #4 I'm tired after a day with two toddlers. I have skipped the gym too many times.
Excuse #5 We have a larger family dynamic that we are living under the same roof. This results is large family dinners every night and some lunches ( fried chicken, fried bread, french bread, potato salad.) I tried to stay away from the kitchen, but that didn't always work.

My excuses were lame, but I warned you about that. I just needed to see them written and be accountable for them. I am shameful about how I let these lame excuses get in the way of my goal.

NEW GOAL: Loose 5lbs before my trip to Michigan on Sunday.
REWARD: Cute sandals for the beach trip

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - those excuses all sound like mine. good luck this week. And definitely reward yourself with the cute sandals. maybe even a pedicure!

my--four--sons said...

your excuses are as good as all of mine :)

Deb Williams said...

LOL I am just tired there it is my excuse this week. I had a migrain and I am drained so there it is!

Shanda said...

My excuse is one more bite won't hurt.