Monday, October 13, 2008

Time to get out the cap and goggles!

I just moved into our first home. It's official. We are home owners. Woo hoo! And guess what is just down the street from me? A 24 Hour Fitness Sport Center. That means they have a pool. Swimming is my exercise of choice. Yes, I enjoy swimming. So much so, I used to drive 20 minutes at 5 Am to swim At Ohlone's pool for a semester since it was the cheapest way for me to have access to a pool. It was outdoors and cold but I stuck it out.
I have not exercised in about 2 weeks. Now that we have moved in and are kind of settled, I need to get my tusch over to 24 HR Fitness. There is nothing more motivating than being in a bathing suit at a gym to help me be wiser about my food choices!
So ladies, I will make it to the gym this week for the first time and begin to set up my exercise schedule.
I gained 5lbs last month, but after moving, I am back down. I can attribute that to packing up and unpacking these past two weeks!

Hey, I need some healthy recipes that kids would enjoy. Any suggestions all you Moms out there?

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I love swimming too. it is a good full body work out AND it really tones you up! But me in a swimsuit should be against the law right now...LOL

Glad you are settled..I will look for the health Mac and cheese recipe my friend sent me!