Friday, October 17, 2008

{A Renewed Friendship}


I went swimming last night at the gym near me. It was freakin awesome! Aside from being a little slow since I have not included swimming in my workout for a few months, hmmm.... since last fall really when I swam at Ohlone. I have only swam for fun, so I am excited to have this back into a routine at a super convenient place. If I wasn't swimming at night, I could walk there.
I swam for a half hour and got past the point where my chest burned and was tight and it felt great. I felt strong afterwards, loose, and some of my body kinks got worked out. I can't wait to go again tonight. I am going to try and swim 3-4 a week, and then use the elliptical 2x a week.
Experts say 1/2 hour exercise a day. I need to do that. It is not going to be crazy marathon training exercise, but I need to get my butt movin. I need to get past the excuse that housework is exercise. It is, but I know I have to step it up past that and actually get my heart rate up.
So, my cap and goggles have renewed our friendship.
What are you ladies doing for exercise?? I am thinking of dusting off my old Bollywood dance exercise video for fun. hah hah In the privacy of my own home of course!

4 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I am doing lots of walking, some jogging and weights. I am thinking of getting a pass for our new rec center. It is one of the nicest rec centers that I have seen. The only drawback is they are building it in 2 stages and the second stage they haven't done is the pool so we have no pool. I really love water aerobics so hopefully they will start that soon.

Deb Williams said...

How fun. I am not sure that I can get a swimsuit in my size right now...I love swimming. I have been walking at night. Passing out books door to door has actually been a better workout that I tought. I have beem sweating and heart rate up. Mind you I am carrying a armfull of books and walking as fast as possible. I have enjoyed it. Every time I get going I have to push through the low back tightness I have but hafter about 190 mins I am feeling good. I wish i had to pass out books every night. I have been upping the amount of books and picking places that I can put them because it forces me to get out there. Becuase it I don't use the books It is a waist of money and I dont like that game!

Deb Williams said...

Man I need to reread my comments. that should read 10 mins of tightness!

Shanda said...

Good job everybody. Im not doing anything. I am being busy though.