Thursday, May 1, 2008

how's everyone doing?

Hey I haven't heard too much from anyone. I am still having a hard time getting over my hump. I am still maintaining but I want to be loosing. For the first time since January I had a horrible emotional eating day. I couldn't stop eating. I was so worried that I would gain but I didn't.

Adam had to have a tooth pulled and I made Rick go with him because I don't handle things like that very well. Anyway the whole time they were gone I was sick and nervous. Then when they got home I was feeling a little better until I decided to change the gauze from his mouth. I took the gauze out and I turned my back from him to throw it away and next thing you know adam passed out and was out for what seemed like forever his whole body looked like he was seizing. He bumped his head on something on his way down so he was not in good shape when he came to. I was so scared. He was miserable for hours. I felt horrible. Eventually by late afternoon he was perking up. Now you would never know that he had such a horrible day.

The whole day was so off for me. I still get sick when I think about him passing out. The thing that bothers me though is I went back to my old habits when the going got rough. I was hoping I was over the emotional eating thing. So I am feeling a little (okay alot) disappointed in myself. I don't want to be an emotional eater and I haven't been since I decided to make some changes to my lifestyle. I hope next time something emotional happens I don't do it again.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I think you need a day where you ate alot any way to get you over your hump! I think you willbe ok. now you know that it is an issue so next time it comes to a point like this you have to train yourelf to realize it and work throught it. funny thing is I am not an emotional eater I dont eat when I am upset...at all I tend to be a bord eater I eat when I am bored and can't figure out what to do...Wierd!