Tuesday, May 13, 2008

seriously????

Ok so as hectic as life is I swear I should be skinny! I chase a very busy one and a half yr old along with his sister every where...but yet i still grow out while they grow up!

any way life has taken a Tasmanian whirl lately. I started up working with A.von and I want to give it a really go go so I have been talking to as many people as I can about it and I am glad I did. it has gotten me out of the house more and that means I am more active. Also we have been going down to my parents house to help them fix up there house in hopes of renting it. so I have been out lifting things and digging raking and all that good jazz while running after the sly little one yr old! I thin that should have made me loose 10 lbs alone I tell ya! LOL it has been busy!

so what we have been doing at our house to start the weight loss is to start being aware of what we are eating. We aren't cutting anything out per say but we are eating realistically. smaller portions. we have cute meal sizes in half or more. I my self have been trying to not skip meals that is my biggest down falls. I was eating once or twice a day and they would be these huge meals and them my body thinks I am starving. so I am try smaller meals with healthy protein filled snacks in between. Josh after doing this switched to diet drinks at work (he had to have his caffeine). that and a little more busy at work and he has shed some where between 65-70 lbs.

We haven't cut out all sweets I have noticed that when I feel that I am on a diet and there is something you cant have I feel trapped. So eating healthier and not oinking on foods like "junk food" is the key! I eat it slow and enjoy it and then be done with it! I had it and just a little! it seems to be working! I noticed that sense doing these we tend to eat less "junk food" then we use to!

we are also trying to listen to our bodies. and as soon as we feel content while we are eating we stop. We have noticed that when we listen to our bodies we eat far less and feel a million times better after eating. none of that bloated I can't move after you eat feeling. We have the energy to keep moving.

As for my kids in this equation I started picking up the hundred calorie packs. Not that I am trying to put my kids on a diet...they are growing. I just want them to learn good portion sizes and learn now to eat only what they need and not to pig out. To only eat when they are hungry and until they are full.

So far that is what we are doing. I stepped on the scale the other day...it was scary. I know where I was weighing the floor was not even but I thought I would try it any way...bad idea...it said I weighed 370. but that cant be right because all my clothes for 345 still fit the same way. I know that 30 more lbs would change that. But was a scary realization of what is to come if you don't change your lifestyle. I feel all I have left to do is add a lot more exercise into this routine. I have already noticed that the fat in my stomach is more ply able. That gives me hope. I take it was a good sign. I know that it is starting to break up I am feeling a lot more energy.

I Also have to apologise for starting this thing and then being MIA for a while. Life seems so crazy right now and I have been a bit busy. I do come on here and listen to what you all say and start to try to work your good advise into my life. thanks for being a great support system and I hope you all continue to come here and help give hints and tips!

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

wow I am all alone in the world!

Ceri said...

Well done Deb! You're doing great! Good idea this blog - I just found it. Not sure what happened to your Williams Family one though - it was all adverts!