Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A 5k marathon??


A young mom in my ward asked me to join her in running a 5K in October. She had a baby 6 weeks ago. Um, I laughed at first. Yeah right, run a 5K. But then I was thinking. Why not???? If she can do it, I can at least {TRY.} I totally need this type of goal to kick me into gear. I mean really, running {in public} with people timing me, has some motivation power. So I think I am going to do it. {insert internal screaming!!}


I am either going to:

1) walk the whole thing and be slightly ashamed

2) do a slow jog and make it hopefully without having a heart attack

3) run the whole thing (slowly) and end with a smile on my face that I accomplished something.


Time to hit the treadmill {everyday.} And increase my speed and duration each time.


Again {insert internal screaming!!} I hope I am not a wuss and take on this challenge!!

3 comments:

Deb Williams said...

I know you can do it! On my mission i decided that I was going to take up jogging. The first day at the track i told my self I was going to do a mile that day but i had to do the first f the four laps running then i could walk the last three. So i start jogging and i pushed my way through that first lap and i walked briskly after that. then a few days later I did two and two and after 2 weeks i was running a mile and after 4 weeks I was running 2 now i am not suggesting that you push your self like i did...but it was the best i felt Ever...I know you can do it...especially if I could...Lol

Deb Williams said...

that is supposed to say Run the first lap

Darin said...

I stumbled upon you blog and wanted to incourage you to take up running it has changed my life. At first I could not run 1/4 mile without thinking my head was going to explode. Now less than 2 years later I lost 80 lbs. and have finished 2 100 mile ultramarathons. You CAN do it.