Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Raw foods

So I have been feeling horrible the last few months. I think alot of it is stress and alot of it is my weight coming back on. I have been eating like crap, my bloodsugars have been bad, my guts have been unbareable, I have had major heartburn so I have been taking alot of stomach meds I also have alot of body aches. So basically I am falling apart :)

Well one thing I have known about my body for a while is that I have a higher acidic PH in my body. While doing research on the internet I figured out that all of the symptoms I have been having are all linked to high acidity in the body. So I looked into different ways that I can help bring down the acidity in my body and have decided to go on a mostly raw diet. I am only going to have chicken or fish 2 times a week but the rest of the time it is all fruits and veggies and nuts I have also bought a loaf of bread that is made of spelt wheat. It is real yummy. I have had spelt before so it wasn't new to my tastebuds. Spelt is gluten free and the acidity in spelt is the lowest of all wheat. It has been interesting learning about which fruits and veggies are acidic and which ones are not for instance a lemon is actually a alkaline fruit even though it is really acidic when it is in our bodies it is alkaline.

Anyway I have been doing this for a couple days now and it has been great. I have made a cabbage soup for my family for dinner and it smells good so we will have to see how it turns out. Even though it is not raw I am still going to eat it because it still has some great nutrients to it. I am not treating this as a diet although I hope to lose some weight my main goal is to get feeling better so I can be motivated to lose the weight.

7 comments:

Deb Williams said...

lol so does that include meat????

my--four--sons said...

No. Meat is very acidic expecially red meat. It is also not a raw food obviously. But I am going to eat chicken and fish because they are the lowest in acidity

Deb Williams said...

ok I was kidden before you wrote any thing...

Deb Williams said...

that is awesome...will you share what you should and shouldn't eat????

my--four--sons said...

If you are doing a stricktley raw diet it is just that raw. Nothing cooked, You can eat fruits vegtables and nuts. I do know some people that dry fruit and eat it too. Also raw seeds are good.

Deb Williams said...

OK, that is good to know! so vegetarian pretty much. so no dairy and or anything like that!

my--four--sons said...

Actually as far as acidity goes milk is neutral but some cheeses are in the lower acidity range.

As far as the Raw diet I don't think dairy is part of that but I am allowing myself cottage cheese and a little milk if I choose to make a smoothie.