Thursday, February 26, 2009

{Kicking} excuses to the curb

Christina caught a nasty flu bug and since she has not been swimming the past two weeks, neither have I. Such a slacker I am! I was actually thinking of cancelling my gym membership since I was not using it like I should. I just was getting way too tired at the end of the night to gear up and go swimming at 8pm. After a day of picking up toys and cleaning, my back hurts and I feel like my hips are going to give out on me. And of course that lovely sciatic nerve shooting lightning blots down my leg adds to the fun. If you see me flinch or spaz while changing position or just walking... you know I have just been stuck my lightning. LOL


Then I had the lovely idea. I have been doing some babysitting for a girl in my ward with the idea that we would swap. Well, duh, it occurred to me that when I drop of Jaylin for preschool in the morning that I could have Tess watch Nolan during that time and I could swim. ( and skip the child care fee at the gym) I have energy at the first part of the day, and better yet, that is a perfect time for her to watch Nolan. Woo hoo!

Lesson learned: when you start to make excuses for not jumping in the pool or pounding the pavement... something has to change. And a little prayer helps to spark those answers that are easily right in front of you.

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

thanks I needed to hear that! I was getting down cuz we couldnt get the treadmill...i need to find something else I can do and not use that as an excuse not to keep going!!!