Monday, February 22, 2010

MIA Update.....

I have not posted on here in a LONG time, one of the reason's is that I have been stuck at the same weight for over a year. Yes I am complaining about that, I shouldn't I have Never Been able to maintain my weight ever in my life. I have been a little frustrated and discouraged because I am not down more than I am, I have lost 170 LBS and I feel wonderful but I still have quit a bit more too loose.

a year ago I hurt my back, I have three Bulging Disc's and four Herniated Disc's and a narrowing of the spinal column. I know that it sounds really bad, but honestly I have to tell you that I am in pain (a great deal of pain) but it isn't too the point that I can't handle it. I did have some one ask me one day how I was up walking.

I watched my Best Friend Jackie Hutchison, completely deteriorate in four years and die. She had a Bulging disc in her back and had it operated on, they put pins and a rod in her back and she was never the same. Towards the End of her life she was going to a pain clinic and they had her too many pain medications and it resulted in her death.

There are many reason's why I am staled in my weight loss, I am trying to find a work out that is good for me physically that wont kill my back when I work out. You will notice on my blog I have been putting articles on Yoga and Pilates, and high protein diets and the new fad diet HCG which I will stat here that I am not a fan of. I have been told that both will be beneficial for weight loss and strengthening my back.

I am hoping that I can get some new ideas from all of you to help me on my way down the scales again. I have always liked the idea of this blog and think that it has been very beneficial for me. It is easier to loose weight and stay positive when you aren't doing it alone and you have other people who have the same goals and you can exchange ideas and information with.

I get some weight loss magazines in the mail and they have some great recipes in them I will post them on here and share them with you all. Keep in mind though that they are for Gastric Bypass patients, but you can use them as well. They have Nutritional content and everything. I will work on getting them typed up!

Cheers!

A journey of a 1000 miles begins with 1 step!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dear friend. What a loss. I am also at a point where I need this blog again since I am going to be taking active measures to loose weight. o let's do it!