Friday, December 18, 2009


I have to admit after breaking my toe I got weighed at the Dr Office...It was a shock to see the numbers loll out on the screen...In all my horror I was more worried about my weight than my toe. I got x-rays and such and then happen to talk to a nurse who mentioned she had gastric bypass...now I am not a stranger to the procedure mu cousin had it done a yr ago with some amazing results. She talked about it like it was the best thing that ever happen to her...she lost a hundred pounds and Honestly if she hadn't told me i would think she was always skinny and cute! She looked amazing! The wheels in my head went a cranken and I wondered if this is what I should do...I have never been this size in my life and I feel so lost still on loosing weight...even more so with my broken toe slowing me down...

So I talked to the Dr. and It was weird he didn't say much and tried to schedule the surgery right away....LOL YIKES to fast! he found out that I had to take a class on the ups and downs of the procedure...Whooo!

Josh and I showed up to the class, Josh wanted to see what the risks and what happens so he could be apart of the decision. I agreed Wholeheartedly because that would be a huge step. we sat and listen to the risks and the positives about the proceedure and all involved...it scared me a lot. I now see why my cousin prayed long and hard before doing it herself!


After the class we decided to first try really hard to work on weight loss after my toe healed to see what we could do with a nutritionist help and a set program. So that is what I am going to do. At least I will have some one giving me guidelines and maybe i will see some sort of progress!

I have found that I want to get up and go so much and I can to a certain extent BUT having two different sole heights due to the boot I have to wear it makes my back kill after so long!!! But after the first week in January I should be ale to put tennies on and hit the road... I think I am going to invest in some sketchers and try to get moving.

4 comments:

Shanda said...

You go girl! I am going to start my weight lost on the first of the year so i will start bloggin again.

Shanda said...

Have you heard of the less invasive lap band? Would you be a candidate for that?

my--four--sons said...

I hear ya sister...I know it is so hard to know what to do. I am now back up to the heaviest I have ever been and I for sure don't want to go over that. It scares me to death. I just need to get over the fact that even though I am beat beyond beat when I get home from work I just need to bite the bullet and workout.
I hope you can figure out what you need to do without too much stress. Just keep praying and he will let you know what to do :)

Ronda Gardner said...

Debbie, I am glad that you are going to try and loose it on your own before you make a serious decision. I don't regret having my surgery, but it sucks that I hurt my back and am slowed down a lot.

When I went through all the class, I talked to my surgeon about having lap band and when some one weighs as much as we do, the Lap Band is really not the way too go.

Debbie know that I love you and am here for you if you ever want or need to talk. I am getting back to my blog and adding lost if info,I will start posting recipes that I have gotten since I have had surgery.